On Thursday, November 15th the NYU Stern Entertainment, Media and Technology (EMT) Alumni Group will be holding its sixth annual EMT Summit with a focus on Blockchain and AI, bringing cutting edge topics in EMT to students, alumni, faculty and industry leaders.
This year’s topic on Blockchain has been in our public discourse, the new media, and in some cases, people’s career arcs as well as investment strategies. We have been told that Blockchain, the underpinning technology of Bitcoin, and some of its AI applications will revolutionize the world and transform and disrupt industries. The evening will explore such questions, and the challenges that Blockchain faces.
The Summit will begin with a Keynote segment featuring Marc DeBevoise (MBA 2004) who is the President and Chief Operating Officer at CBS Interactive where he leads strategy and operations for all of the company’s more than 25 industry-leading brands including the digital businesses of CBS Television Network as well as CNET Media Group, CBS Interactive’s leading tech, games and media properties.
Marc’s Keynote will be followed by a panel discussion featuring the following industry experts:
- Moderating will be Richard Michos, CMO of IBM’s Communications Sector (Telco, Media, Utilities). Michos is responsible for multi-industry market development, digital strategy, value propositions, internal and external communications, demand program execution, pipeline generation, client satisfaction, solutions and reference development and attainment of revenue objectives for Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment and Energy & Utilities.
- Jeff Pulver is the Vice Chairman of Alchemist and Founder of MoNage. Pulver is an internet pioneer of VoIP as well as an entrepreneur, investor, strategist, and futurist. He helped change the way the world communicates and shaped the worldwide market acceptance of VoIP. He is also the founder of the VON Coalition and Blockchain Token Association.
- Lin Dai is the co-founder and CEO of Hooch, a successful mobile startup launched in 2015. Hooch is the first membership cocktail App, where members receive perks and up to 60% discounts at more than 100,000 top hotels, restaurants and bars around the world. TAP Coin by Hooch is a Blockchain initiative offering crypto-token rewards to millions of everyday consumers, allowing consumers to take control and directly monetize their own data for the first time via the TAP Network decentralized advertising protocol.
- Jackie Morck is the CEO of Totem, a Blockchain technology, design, and strategy implementation firm. Totem’s mission is to create a higher standard for the execution of work in the Blockchain industry, and especially within the ICO market through compliant, efficient, and innovative processes. Morck’s prior experience includes being an advisor to various Technology and AI companies.
- Matt Nolan is the CEO and founder of Menlo One, an extremely powerful framework for building decentralized applications with the speed of a traditional web App. The company’s decentralized database and Proof-of-Reputation incentive system is the infrastructure that enables the Web 3.0 generation of marketplaces, social media platforms, and future apps to be as fast and as performance-driven as their centralized predecessors.
Following the panel, participants will wrap up the evening with networking over cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
This year hopes to continue the tradition of previous summits by touching on the latest developments in the EMT industry. Past summits have included topics including: how technology is changing media and entertainment, the influence of politics on content and business strategy in media, how sports has been affected by the digital world, how best to reach consumers in the digital age, and finance’s role in the disruption of media.